Thursday, January 5, 2012

Air Asia, First Time Ko!














I booked an Air Asia flight on November 1, 2011. I have to go to Malaysia in March and at the time of the booking, it was Air Asia that offered a more reasonable price. The Clark-Kuala Lumpur two-way ticket cost me PHP 5,220, half of the price of what Cebu Pacific offered that day. A friend advised me to wait for the Cebu Pacific seat sale but I was convinced that Cebu Pacific would not give me a better deal for two reasons. (1) Among Filipino tourists, Manila/Clark-Kuala Lumpur is not as popular as Manila/Clark-HK or Manila/Clark-Singapore therefore will not likely top go on sale ( 2 ) four months before the actual flight. True indeed, as of my last check on the Cebu Pacific website, airfare to Kuala Lumpur has become more expensive as well as the airfare of Air Asia which now costs PHP 13,000.

Before booking the Air Asia flight, I thought of using an alternative route to Malaysia. In May 2011, from Singapore I went to Malaysia by train. The train ride was good but long, about 8-9 hours. Since this time, I will be traveling in March, I don’t have so much time to spare. I can still go to Malaysia from Singapore by bus, but a six-hour ride will still steal much of my time. Given these conditions, flying direct to Malaysia is the best thing to do. Besides, I want to experience flying on the world’s best budget airline and find out how it conducts business that made it the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment