Monday, February 22, 2010

On Being Single


A good friend observed that most of our college batchmates are already settled. They are settled in the sense that they are married and have kids. I readily agreed since her observation is definitely true. Just last month, a 31 year old friend invited me to attend her wedding, and guess what, she is one of my few batchmates who got married in her 30s. Most of my batchmates got married in their 20s making me, Lyn Jean, and Drew the batch's spinsters.

At 31, I am still single. I have no boyfriend and not even dating. These conditions may be alarming to some but luckily, for me these conditions are not ( yet ) alarming at all. I enjoy being single. I enjoy the freedom that comes with it. Until when am I going to enjoy my liberty I don't know. Right now my plans are still anchored on being a " single me ". I intend to make the most out of my single blessedness by doing most of the things I can not easily do once I decided to say " I do ".

I want to have a fulfilling career ( hopefully, the year 2010 will lead me to that dream ), spend time with my ageing parents, raise Ponso ( my nephew whom I have considered my own ) well, and reward myself by travelling abroad once every two years. A serious relationship can probably wait ( if God has indeed reserved one for me ) so right now the best thing for me to do is be merry and pray for those who have chosen to be attached forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment